Friday, October 2, 2009

Hilarious, Interesting, Useful, and Intriguing Websites I Want You to Check Out


I've been getting bored with the websites I usually frequent - bigfishgames, Facebook, wimp, youtube, mylot - to name a few. I recently "discovered" several unique websites worth checking out. Here's 5 - I think you'll like them:

1. Fark, for mature readers, provides links to very unique news around the world. The following screen capture is a sample:

2. Freenapkin is a website where everything is free! Users post everything from mismatched kitchen utensils to outdated bicycles to hard-to-find records and 8 track tapes. Sure gives ebay, amazon, and craigslist some competition - hope it catches on!


3. If you like "brain" games, especially word and vocabulary games, you'll love Freerice. Not only do you get to play a great game, but Freerice is run by the United Nations' World Food Program - the site donates 10 grains of rice to the program for every correct answer a player gets.

Yesterday, I was responsible for donating over 2000 grains to help feed the hungry!

4. I am a big music fan. I listen to a variety - from pop to classic rock to R & B - even a little hip hop, country, and gospel. The Songza website allows for hassle-free listening while surfing.

5. Last, but definitely not least, is my favorite, Passive Aggressive Notes. This website cracked me up! People post signs, notes, or posters expressing their inner anger or frustration.

For example, you know how sometimes you're at the mall or shopping center, and you return to your car only to find some idiot has parked so close to you that you can't even open your door? You want to clobber him, but instead you leave a nasty note - something like this:


So, check them out and be sure to let us all know what you thought!

No comments: