Saturday, May 16, 2009
Peroxide: Helpful Tips & Uses
Have you ever smelled bleach in a doctor's office? NO!!! Why? Because it smells, and it is not healthy! Talk to the nurses who work in doctor's offices - ask them if they use bleach at home. They are wiser and know better!
Did you also know bleach was invented in the late 40's? It's straight chlorine! Peroxide was invented during WWI. It was used to save and help cleanse the needs of our troops and hospitals.
Here are some interesting & useful facts & tips:
1. Measure one capful of 3% peroxide and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, (don’t swallow) then spit it out. Eliminates canker sores, and your teeth get whiter without expensive pastes. Also substitute it for mouthwash.
2. Soak your toothbrushes and your removable dental prosthetics in a cup of peroxide to prevent germs.
3. Wipe your kitchen counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell.
4. After rinsing your wooden cutting board, spray it with peroxide to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. A great remedy for foot fungus and athlete’s foot - spray a 50/50 mixture of Peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry. Keep a little spray bottle with you when you go to the gym or public pool too!
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. Physicians have reported cases of gangrene that would not heal with any medicines, but was cured by soaking in peroxide..
7. Bleach is harmful to septic systems, so fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide/water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system.
8. Tilt your head back and spray into your nostrils with a 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold or sinus problems. It will fizzle while killing the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.
9. For a toothache, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly. Better yet, warm the solution first! (But DO see your dentist as soon as you can.)
10. Put half a bottle of peroxide into your bathwater to help combat the germs that cause boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
11. You can also add a cup of peroxide (instead of bleach) to whites in your laundry to safely whiten and disinfect them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Add a little baking soda to make a paste and gently brush the spot - repeat if necessary.
12. Use peroxide to clean mirrors. There is no smearing, especially if you wipe with newspaper instead of paper towels and in only one direction.
13. If you wear artificial nails, before applying, soak your nails in a 50/50 solution (peroxide-water). Dry & apply your nails.
14. Make a paste of peroxide, baking soda, and meat tenderizer to remedy the effects of jellyfish stings. It will also help soothe sunburn.
15. Add when cleaning any and all pet items - their grooming brushes or combs, their food & water bowls, and especially their bedding. You can also spray the 50/50 solution on them to fight germs and bacteria in their coats - just spray and let dry - you can also gently brush or rub/pat it in to make it an extra treat for your animal.
If you know of other uses, send them to me!