Friday, October 24, 2008

Pets' Ten Commandments

A friend sent this to me (I don't know the author) and it absolutely brought tears to my eyes. I hope you like it too.
Baby

PETS’ TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you is painful to me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.

3. Place your trust in me - it is crucial to my well-being.

4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but all I have is you.

Lil Baby

5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice when you speak to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will not forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet I choose not to.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food or I’ve been in the sun too long or my heart might be getting weak and old.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old and I won’t stop loving you.

10. On the ultimate final journey, please go with me. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone - everything is easier for me with you there because I love you so - always!
Sandy

No comments: