Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dancing With The Stars





I sure hope you’ve finally taken my advice and have been watching “Dancing with the Stars” this season. Gosh, I don’t know what it is but it really captures you. I have watched it intently. It makes me come out of my seat and hoot and holler - I don’t know what it is!

Here’s who’s on: you’ve got Brooke Burke and Derek Hough working together. Derek, the professional dancer, is fellow dancer, Julianne Hough’s younger brother. Brooke is obviously famous for her body, and can you believe she’s had four kids? She also has hosted the reality show, Rockstar, where various hopeful singers vie for a spot with the featured rock band. (On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 5.5 or 6) But, the two of them, Brooke and Derek, are perfect. They’ve been leading the others since the show started.


Then you’ve got Warren Sapp, the gigantic 300 pound NFL defensive lineman, and sweet Australian Kym Johnson. It seems, in the past, she never gets a good partner - I think this is her season to shine because ole’ Warren is kicking some butt. It’s amazing to watch him ‘cos he’s so big! They’re running behind Brooke & Derek for the lead.


I also like watching Karina Smirnoff and Rocco DiSpirito (supposedly a famous chef - never heard of him!). I’m impressed with Cody Lindley (sp?) (from the Hannah Montana show) and, believe it or not, I get a kick out of Cloris Leachman and Corky (whoever the heck he is - he’s new). Cloris is a bit annoying because she can’t dance worth a crap, but her effort and sense of humor make her worth it! She cracked me up this past week trying (notice I said ‘trying’) to do the Pase Doble.

The rest of the contestants really don’t do anything for me one way or the other. Kim Kardasian is so ridiculous; I‘m embarrassed for her because she obviously has no shame on her own! (How the hell this chick ever got to be a celebrity is beyond me - other than that infamous sex tape she made with Ray J, Brandy’s brother, that has been all over the Internet! Ya think that‘s it?!) Toni Braxton is okay - she seems to be shooting for the “sympathy” votes - she has some sort of seriously debilitating heart condition. Yea, yea, she’s hot, she’s sexy, she’s a great singer, but gimme a break - she’s no Ginger Rogers! Susan Lucci is okay too - she just better stay out of wind storms - she must weigh 90 pounds soaking wet! As Erika Kane on All My Children she is infallible, but dancing is not one of her talents. Lance Bass is dancing with Lacey Schwimmer, who was a contestant on “So You Think You Can Dance?” (she was the only one that thought she could dance though - yuk, yuk, yuk - but she is the sister of past winner, Benji Schwimmer.) They are terribly unimpressive, trying to go the “goth” route - bleah!

Then there’s Misty-May Treanor. She is an Olympic gold medalist in women’s volleyball. This girl could give Warren Sapp a run for his money in the sports world. She is an Amazon! BUT, let me say this - she is impressing the hell out me. First of all, they’ve got her paired with Maxim - this is one dude that doesn’t mess around when it comes to his dancing! He’s a perfectionist - remember when he was paired with Laila Ali? And with Mel B? They were dynamite, weren’t they? Now he’s with Misty and she’s not fantastic or anything but she very well could learn to be. She won a gold medal. Didn’t she? Remember Kristi Yamaguchi? Uh-huh, gold medalist kicked butt! Speaking of gold medalists, Maurice Greene, the track star is dancing with Cheryl Burke, and is nothing to worry about and unremarkable.

So, did I leave anyone out? We lost Ted McGinley and Jeff Ross already. Who cares, right? Well, unfortunately Jeff Ross was paired with Edyta Sliwinska - in my opinion, she’s the absolute best, hottest, sexiest, most creative pro dancer they’ve got!
So, all I all, Dancing with the Stars has got me again this season. I was thrilled that Kim Kardashian got voted off. My favorites, although I haven’t picked a winner yet, are Warren Sapp, Brooke Burke, and Misty-May Treanor. Who do you like? I’m dying to know and why you like ‘em! Let me know!

No comments: