Tuesday, August 12, 2008

OMG! They're Trying to Pull a Fast One!

Man! What's with the real estate industry? Today, I am being told that they can't honor the sales price they agreed to. Some BS about them having installed a water softener and the company having a lien against the title for $9000! What the F***!? Why are they under the impression that I'm their sucker to pay off their old bills? Do I give a rat's ass that the owner won't make any money? Tough crap! The owner knew exactly what he was doing! Do I look like "Andy Gump, the Chump?"

As much of a pain in the ass it has been to find this place, they can keep it! Give me my money back and I'm back beating the street looking for something else - Damnitt! I'm not giving them ne'er another dime!

I met with the contractor this morning - just to get one of the bathrooms ready, it will cost about $6k to $8k. They already lied in the first place about it having 2 bathrooms - it's got one tore-down one that is NOT usable and a toilet and a sink in the utility room they are passing off as the 2nd bathroom.

The more I think about it, the more mad I get and am deciding to run away from this crappy deal! The place has lead paint, the roof needs work, the wood is rotting, and to top it all off, they have yet to turn on the freakin' electricity for me to check that the AC works! That would be another healthy chunk of change!

Oooo, I am so furious...talk to ya later!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

RUN RUN as fast as you can !

Thats entirely too many probs to take on !
And its best you found out beforehand than down the road .
With the slump the real estate market is in you should be able to find something much better at a great price .
Keep looking , dont rush things , and you will know when you find the right house !

anna said...

Glad to see you not taking any of their crap. They will come up with a much better deal if they see you won't accept whatever they say they can come up with. Real Estate people are not all that honest. Hang in there :-)