Thursday, May 8, 2008

Did I tell you I'm going to NYC to tryout for "Millionaire" in 3 days?

I'm so excited! I've never been to New York City! I hope I don't get lost!

I've already spent well over a $1000 dollars and I've haven't even left Florida yet! I figured I wouldn't skimp on the hotel room, seeing as how I may never get to go again - it costs over $550 for 3 days, 2 nights for me and my teenage daughter. I don't think that's too bad, do you?

Round trip plane tickets on Jet Blue for the both of us is a little over $500 also. Not bad, huh? Then there's the $40 shuttle from JFK to our hotel and the $25 it will cost to park my car at the long-term parking lot at Jacksonville International for those 3 days.

The expenses, I know, will get worse before they get better, but oh well! It's not like I take a vacation every year. As a matter of fact, I haven't been on a real vacation since I was around 10 or 11 and I'm almost 50 now!

So, being such a nerd and such a chicken-liver, I have been looking up everything online. Like what do we do when we get there? How do we do it? What do we need to do it? Can I smoke a cigarette on the streets? Can I use my ATM card or do I have to already have the cash? Will we get arrested? LOL

We're only going to be there for 3 days and 2 nights; we can't do and see everything. I should have planned to stay longer, but what if I fail the test? I'll be so ashamed I know I'll be ready to come home! What if I like the place too much? I may not ever want to come back! (I'll miss my doggies too much though!)

No comments: