by Rachel Green
1. Party with 50 friends for 50 days: go to restaurants, have them over for dinner, have breakfast together, go for lunch ... work it out so that at the end of 50 days you'll have celebrated with 50 people.
2. Put 50 cents aside each day for the fifty days leading up to your 50th birthday and on your 50th birthday spend the money on something that you'd really like - if you're rich make it $50 a day!
3. Walk a mile a day for 50 days prior to your 50th birthday and by the time you get to 50 you'll not only be fabulous but you'll also be fit.
4. Buy a huge box of chocolates with 50 chocolates in and eat a chocolate a day for 50 days.
5. Try out the sports car you've always wanted to have but could never afford - drive it around for 50 days until you realize it's not the road to happiness and return it!
6. Go on a 50 day cruise around the world.
7. Write down 50 things that you like about yourself or are good at or that you've done well in your life
8. and read it each day for 50 days.
9. Have a big party with 50 people all aged 50 all over!
10. Do a new thing each day for 50 days. It might just be ...
- Read a new magazine,
- Go to a new theatre,
- Walk along a road you've never walked along,
- Talk to a person you've never spoken to,
- Buy a different color of clothing,
- Donate to a different charity,
- Sign up for volunteer work,
- Paint a picture,
- Go to Yoga class,
- Try a new food
- Drink your coffee or tea opposite of the way you usually do,
- Listen to a totally different radio station
- Have a picnic with your pet,
- Take a gift to a old folks’ home
- Write a complimentary letter
- Feed the birds
- Take a “day trip” out of town,
- Create a puzzle or quiz and share it
- Volunteer at a local school
- Quit a bad habit
- Start a good habit
- Write to the newspaper,
- Plant a new flower,
- Watch a different television program,
- Listen to new music,
- Go to a different Church,
- Get up at a different time of day,
- Sleep with the bed in a different position,
- Change bedrooms,
- Try a new herbal tea,
- Dig up your lawn,
- Have sex in a different position,
- Take up knitting,
- Take tennis lessons,
- Say ""no' to something you are asked to do which you usually say ""yes"" to,
- Give up chocolate,
- Give away a piece of furniture,
- Get a new haircut,
- Go to a new sport,
- Hold your toothbrush in a different hand, ...
- Change your hair color
- Wear colored contact lenses for fun
- Do 50 exercise “reps” every day