Sunday, July 15, 2007

Einstein REALLY was pretty darn smart

Einstein said…


**To punish me for my contempt of authority, fate has made me an authority myself.
**It is difficult to say what truth is, but it is easy to recognize a falsehood.
**Wisdom is not a product of schooling, but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.
**There is only one road to human greatness: through the school of hard knocks.
**A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future.
**With fame I become more and more stupid, which of course is a very common phenomenon.
**I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don't have to.
**Fear or stupidity has always been the basis of most human actions.
**One should not pursue goals that are easily achieved. One must develop an instinct for what one can barely achieve through one's greatest efforts.
**The only remedies against race and prejudice are enlightenment and education. This is a slow and painstaking process.
**I lived in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.
**Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.

No comments: